Monday, November 29, 2010

priceless

on sunday, we surprised the boys by taking them to a live yo gabba gabba show! they were so excited!!tickets: $650* souvenirs: $104 popcorn: $5 parking: $15
reactions on the boys' faces=PRICELESS !!!!

this is DJ Lance Rock
this is DJ Brybrythis is the actual person who is DJ lance rock
a veces soy: dj_lance
they were so excited when the show got started!
the gabba gang
although bryan didn't get up and dance til the 2nd half of the show, he loved seeing them live. i think he was mesmorized by the whole live show concept! the last pic is from the after party.brandon got up right from the beginning of the show to shake his thang and dance!

and, the show must end =(
at the after party, we got to meet the human beatbox, biz markie. brandon got to interact a little with him too at the after party. BTW, biz doesn't really smile...... famouse for this song.
bryan with his favorite guy--- brobee! it was a very memorable day for the boys and for us as parents. to just see your kids' reaction and pure happiness is priceless!
*we bidded on these tickets on charity buzz. our bid benefits habitat for humanity. we were a bit disappointed when we got our tickets and saw our seats were on the terrace and NOT on the floor like the terms of the bid said. but what are you going to do? the kids didn't know where they would be sitting and thank goodness we didn't tell them they were going to be sitting up close. we ended up in the nose bleed section! we really bidded so we could get the party package which included tickets to the show and entrace to the after party for food & to take pictures with the gabba gang. in the end, it was an experience of a lifetime and everybody enjoyed themselves!
TFL at allllll these pics! everybody survive thanksgiving? i sure had a hard time waking myself up AND brandon for his 1st day back to school after a week off!












12 comments:

Anita Rex said...

When I first read how much you paid for the tickets I almost fell on the floor! But reading that it was a charity auction makes sense! What an experience! Love seeing the photos, looks like so much fun!

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for sharing this fun post! I'm so out of the loops as to what kiddies are into these days! Although it is VERY pricey, I know the memories will last a life time :) Things we do for our kids, huh?

donna mikasa said...

What a fun post! I'm so out of it--didn't know who you were talking about! I thought it was Yogi Bear (Yabba dabba do!!) but how thrilling could that be? You're right about the look on the B-Boys' faces being priceless! Thanks for sharing a memorable day!

Lin said...

I'm right there with Donna - have no idea what this is all about, but it looks like fun! Great pictures today!

Nancy said...

How cool is this! Looks like a good time was had by all!
Rock On Guys!

Trinh said...

I have heard of Yo Gabba Gabba but have never seen any shows so I'm clueless. But yes, it is totally priceless to see the joy on your child's face! We had a great Thanksgiving and I too had a hard time getting up for work this morning.

Barb said...

Ivy, I can totally relate to the wonderful feeling when seeing your kids' joy and excitement from something they love! Love all the adorable photos and so glad you had such a fabulous time! TFS!

~amy~ said...

okay, I feel old...I haven't heard of yo gabba gabba...but it looks fun...$104 for popcorn?

Maylee said...

holy cow! did i read that correctly? $650 for tickets?!!
I'm glad to see that they boys had a great time. : )

IvyandRein said...

Oh boy! I'm officially old cuz I've never even heard
Of yo Gabba Gabba?!? Lol ;)
But the boys sure looked like they enjoyed themselves!
Love the glasses pic ;) heehee

Alice said...

i have no idea who or what yo gabba gabba is, but it's so fun to see your boys enjoyed it so much! i guess that's money worth spending!! again, LOVE reading and seeing all the photos! =)

Tiffany Ervin said...

I so love Yo Gabba Gabba. They are cool! Looks like the boys had tons of fun! C is not really into YGG for some reason, he just bypasses those toys when he sees them, but I love their boom box toy!

when i should be sleeping